Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
Experience with Learjet, Challenger, and Gulfstream aircraft is preferred. Individuals with experience on other corporate and general aviation aircraft will also be considered for this position. They must also be able to read and interpret blueprints, system schematics and engineering drawings. 5-7 years experience is preferred, but others will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Needs to be a self-starter and possess leadership skills. This job will entail utilizing skills listed to augment work that the Repair Station Manager and Director of Maintenance leave for weekend shift. Must be able to communicate well with supervisors and subordinates.
High School diploma or equivalent
- Applicants MUST have an A&P license and be able to provide their own tools.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
We will also consider an Avionics tech that has an A&P. Candidate must have creditable avionics experience, capable of troubleshooting instruments and radios as well as certifying them during inspections. Well versed in avionics equipment from manufacturers such as Honeywell, Universal, Garmin, Collins etc.
- General upkeep of Hangar Facilities and Grounds
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules, and policies
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random Drug Screenings, Background Check, Credit Check, DMV Check and Employment Verification.
Chantilly Air offers a very comprehensive compensation package. Salary with be commensurate with selected candidate’s qualifications.
- Inside and outside work will be required.
- Work outside in inclement weather, possible.
- Physically able to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis
- Physically able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Will frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, and carry objects of various sizes, shapes and weight.
To apply for this position, please complete the entire application process below. Attach your Cover Letter, your Resume and complete the Chantilly Air Employment Application.
Please do not call to inquire about this position.