Learjet 45 Second In Command
Please Note: If you have applied with Chantilly Air Inc. prior to November 1, 2021, that application is no longer on file. This is a new position and you must submit a new application along with your resume and cover letter.
The Second In Command is responsible for supporting the safe, legal, and economical flight operation of company aircraft.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
▪ Reports to the Chief Pilot.
▪ Is operationally responsible to the Pilot-in-Command on all flights
▪ Performs all flight duties as assigned by the PIC.
▪ Advises the Chief Pilot if they are not current for any assigned operations
▪ Promotes and fosters a safe operating environment in accordance with FAA and Chantilly Air
requirements and proactively contributes to Chantilly Air Inc.’s Safety Management System.
▪ Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
▪ Is expected to present a professional image in all environments as a key representative of the
▪ Maintains currency requirements in accordance with FAA Regulations.
▪ Maintains a 1st Class Medical in accordance with company policy.
▪ Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service.
▪ Works closely with and assists in all department duties as needed.
Bachelor Degree preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
▪ 2,000 hours total flight time is preferred.
▪ 1,500 hours total fixed wing flight time is preferred.
▪ 500 hours turbine time preferred
▪ 14 CFR Part 135 experience preferred.
▪ International experience preferred.
▪ Airline Transport Pilot certificate preferred.
▪ FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
▪ Current FAA First Class Medical certificate.
▪ Valid passport.
▪ No Accidents or Incidents.
▪ Legally authorized to work in the United States.
▪ Must be able to meet the following checks:
▪ Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
▪ PRIA background check (to include any incidents/accidents.)
▪ Credit check.
▪ DMV check with valid driver’s license.
▪ Employment verification.
▪ Must be able to read, speak and write fluently in the English Language.
▪ Ability to relocate within 1 hour of Chantilly Air Inc. Base of Operations, Manassas, VA (KHEF.)
Working conditions are normal for an on-demand flight operation. The working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, air turbulence, time zone changes, altitude changes, changing locations, variable hours and working conditions, dry air, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise levels from engines and other ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
If you wish to be considered for this position, follow all application instructions. Attach your resume, cover letter and complete the Chantilly Air Employment Application.
Please do not call to inquire about the position.