Flight Operations Coordinator
The Flight Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Aircraft Management and Charter. He/She provides scheduling duties in coordination with the Flight Operations Scheduler on duty, acts as the Flight Operations Scheduler when no other Scheduler is on duty and provides administrative support to the Director of Aircraft Management and Charter and Chief Pilot. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the department runs effectively and efficiently.
** THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
WILL BE IN THE OFFICE 5 DAYS A WEEK
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Download TSA lists and run name checks per security manual guidelines.
- Meet each morning via MS Teams with Jet Center CSR to facilitate aircraft fleet arrivals and departures.
- Import contract fuel vendors' spreadsheets into the flight operations software as received.
- Verify aircraft flight logs and crewmembers’ flight times.
- Consistently monitor NBAA air traffic email alerts and share relevant details with team.
- Add NOTAM details, TFR details, and other pertinent airport restrictive information to the airport's data within the flight scheduling software.
- Timely respond to client Quote Requests and follow up inquiries.
- Create and provide customers' accurate aircraft charter quotes.
- Effectively utilize Microsoft Teams and other technology based communication tools.
- Effectively communicate with team members, customers, and vendors to ensure all expectations are properly conveyed and delivered.
Scheduling Functions: During regular shifts and On-call shifts
- Analyze aircraft fleet and pilot utilization to best serve client and company needs.
- Coordinate with the DOM and the CP to ensure each flight is operated within governmental and company policies.
- Schedule in-fleet and sub-out aircraft owner and charter flights utilizing a combination of our flight operations scheduling platform, aircraft sourcing platforms, and individual broker client platforms.
- Review each client’s general preferences, agreements in place, and specific trip requests and ensure compliance prior to releasing each flight.
- Advise Chief Pilot or designee per GOM, regarding International, Mountain, etc. operations.
- Coordinate international handling, US & Non-US Customs, safety, health, and regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Coordinate airline flights, rental cars, chauffeured ground transportation, lodging, and in-flight catering, for passengers and crew as applicable, utilizing various online reservations platforms and manually through direct vendor contact.
- Prepare and provide domestic and international documentation necessary for flight release.
- Ensure all trip logistics are completed in a timely manner and reconfirm each detail prior to the aircraft’s departure.
- Provide trip preflight briefings to each crewmember assigned 24-48 hours prior to initial departure, or as soon as possible, following manual guidelines.
- Flight follow with crew per manual guidelines and update flight status with clients as applicable.
- Other duties per the SDP Manual.
- Review Wyvern Wingman status online weekly and coordinate the completion of any needed revisions or updates.
- Monitor & verify the accuracy of the TSA-DHS Master Crew List.
- Coordinate crew flight training in support of the chief pilot; airline flights, rental cars, and lodging for crew, utilizing various online reservations platforms and manually through direct vendor contact.
- Coordinate crew meetings per the chief pilot's instructions.
- Coordinate safety meetings per the safety coordinator’s instructions.
- Revise the TSA-DHS Master Crew List.
- Request new and renewal International Overflight Exemptions.
- Maintain pilot records per chief pilot's instructions.
- Maintain aircraft documentation per chief pilot's instructions.
- Prepare various aircraft, crew, and trip monthly reports.
- Respond to air charter broker’s vendor documentation and insurance certificate requests.
- Perform various clerical duties in support of the department.
- Maintain and continually improve company databases and manuals.
- Create and assist with miscellaneous projects and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Degree in aviation or related field a plus
Traits & Skills Required:
- Impeccable customer service
- Superior attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Calm under pressure
- Independent judgment
- Pleasant and positive demeanor
- Clear and concise communication
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced technological aptitude
Experience in the following areas a plus:
- Flight scheduling
- Crew scheduling
- 2+ years charter operations experience
- Travel industry experience
- International handling experience
- Aircraft charter broker sales
- Microsoft Teams and other MS Suite Apps
- FOS or other flight operations scheduling program
- Safety Management Systems knowledge
- FAA Part 91 & 135 regulations
This is NOT a remote position - Requires 5 days a week in the office + On-Call hours
Shift may include, nights, weekends.
Will include On-Call after hours remote coverage in addition to regular shift.
Will require working on holidays.
- Valid driver's license
- English language skills (e.g. C2 proficiency level or equivalent)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random Drug Screenings, a Criminal Background Check, a DMV Records Check, and Previous Employment Verification.
If you wish to be considered for this position follow these instructions:
- Complete the Employment Application
- Attach a copy of your Resume
- Attach your Cover Letter
Please do not call to inquire about the position