Director of Maintenance
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for supporting the safe, legal, and economical maintenance operation of company aircraft to the highest standards. This position requires knowledge of 14 CFR Part 91 and 135. Part 135 operation experience is also required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to the Vice President.
- Will coordinate with the Repair Station Accountable Manager
- Always remains professional and courteous.
- Ensures that maintenance programs are followed in inspecting and repairing all aircraft.
- Is responsible for maintaining maintenance records to FAA standards on all aircraft managed, owned and operated.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with the FAA’s Principle Maintenance Inspector having certificate responsibility over the company’s air carrier operations.
- Promotes and facilitates continuous organizational improvement efforts through safety management principles and observance of best industry practices such as IS-BAO.
- Stays up to date on regulatory and industry developments as they pertain to aircraft maintenance and avionics techniques.
- Work directly with aircraft owners regarding aircraft maintenance.
- Perform routine aircraft maintenance on owned and managed fleet.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Three years management experience required.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 91 and 135 required
- Part 135 operation experience required
- Meets the requirements of 14 CFR 119.71
- Perform maintenance as needed
- Strong organizational, Interpersonal and Technical Skills required
- Valid US Passport
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Working conditions are normal for an on-demand flight operation. The working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, changing locations, working conditions, variable hours, on call, jet fuel, exhaust fumes and noise levels from engines and other ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
- Physically able to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis
- Physically able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Will frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, and carry objects
Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random Drug Screenings, Background Check, Credit Check, DMV Check and Employment Verification.
Chantilly Air offers a very comprehensive compensation package. Salary with be commensurate with selected candidate’s qualifications.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please follow all application instructions below.
Please attach your resume, cover letter and complete the Chantilly Air Standard Employment application.
Please do not call to inquire about this position.