Challenger 300 Pilot In Command
Please Note: If you have applied with Chantilly Air Inc. prior to January 1st, 2022, that application is no longer on file. This is a new position and you must submit a new application along with your resume and cover letter.
Pilot in Command position for part 91 operations. Two crewmember dedicated aircraft. Competitive Salary and Benefits, Based in the Washington D.C.
The Pilot in Command is responsible for supporting the safe, legal, and economical flight operation of company aircraft.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to the Chief Pilot.
- Is the final authority for the safe operation of Chantilly Air Inc. managed aircraft.
- Performs all duties associated with aircraft operation in a 14 CFR Part 91 operating.
- Environment to include: airworthiness, proper documentation and company manuals onboard, weight and balance computations, weather, performance, fueling, flight locating, briefing, and generally operating the aircraft within the limitations of the manufacturer and company.
- Directs the activities of the Second In Command and Cabin Attendant (if applicable), ensuring that flight crewmembers understand fully and completely what individual duties they are expected to perform.
- Promotes and fosters a safe operating environment in accordance with FAA and Chantilly Air requirements and proactively contributes to Chantilly Air Inc.’s Safety Management System.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Is expected to present a professional image in all environments as a key representative of the company.
- Maintains currency requirements in accordance with FAA Regulations.
- Maintains a 1st Class Medical in accordance with company policy.
- Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Works closely with and assists in all department duties as needed.
Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 4000 hours total time preferred.
- 3000 hours total multi-engine fixed wing time preferred.
- 2000 hours total PIC fixed wing flight time is preferred.
- 250 hours PIC Jet Turbine Time preferred.
- Business Jet experience preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate required.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
- Current FAA First Class Medical required.
- Valid passport.
- No Accidents or Incidents.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to meet the following checks:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- PRIA background check (to include any incidents/accidents.)
- Credit check.
- DMV check with valid driver’s license.
- Employment verification.
- Must be able to read, speak and write fluently in the English Language.
- Ability to relocate within 1 hour of Chantilly Air Inc. Base of Operations, Manassas, VA (KHEF.)
- Must meet all international travel requirements for the COVID-19 virus
Working conditions are normal for an on-demand flight operation. The working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, air turbulence, time zone changes, altitude changes, changing locations, variable hours and working conditions, dry air, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise levels from engines and other ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
Please complete the pilot application and attach your resume and cover letter as instructed.
Thank you for your interest in Chantilly Air.