Assistant Chief Pilot / Challenger 300 Pilot In Command
Please Note: If you have applied with Chantilly Air Inc. prior to May 13th, 2022, that application is no longer on file. This is a new position and you must submit a new application along with your resume and cover letter.
The applicant for this position must possess excellent communication, grammatical and telephone skills. They should have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion. Be extremely organized, technical, and punctual, with excellent interpersonal, communication, and professional people skills. They must be highly detail oriented and able to work independently and exercise good judgment as well as have exemplary customer service orientation and be analytical, yet always ask and verify while being an excellent listener and an independent/creative thinker.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to the Chief Pilot.
- Carries out the assignments set forth by the Chief Pilot.
- May perform duties as a flight crewmember.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of ground training.
- Promotes compliance with and understanding of company procedures and federal regulations.
- Assists in the upkeep and management of company manuals, records and publications.
- Assists with international flight planning.
- Is the final authority for the safe operation of Chantilly Air Inc. managed aircraft.
- Performs all duties associated with aircraft operation in a 14 CFR Part 91 operating. environment to include: airworthiness, proper documentation and company manuals onboard, weight and balance computations, weather, performance, fueling, flight locating, briefing, and generally operating the aircraft within the limitations of the manufacturer and company.
- Directs the activities of the Second In Command and Cabin Attendant (if applicable), ensuring that flight crewmembers understand fully and completely what individual duties they are expected to perform.
- Promotes and fosters a safe operating environment in accordance with FAA and Chantilly Air requirements and proactively contributes to Chantilly Air Inc.’s Safety Management System.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Is expected to present a professional image in all environments as a key representative of the company.
- Maintains currency requirements in accordance with FAA Regulations.
- Maintains a 1st Class Medical in accordance with company policy.
- Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Works closely with and assists in all department duties as needed.
Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Have administrative or office experience
- 4000 hours total time preferred.
- 3000 hours total multi-engine fixed wing time preferred.
- 2000 hours total PIC fixed wing flight time is preferred.
- 250 hours PIC Jet Turbine Time preferred.
- Business Jet experience preferred.
- Previous 135 experience preferred
- International experience preferred.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate required.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
- Current FAA First Class Medical required.
- Valid passport.
- No Accidents or Incidents.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to meet the following checks:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- PRIA background check (to include any incidents/accidents.)
- Credit check.
- DMV check with valid driver’s license.
- Employment verification.
- Must be able to read, speak and write fluently in the English Language.
- Ability to relocate within 1 hour of Chantilly Air Inc. Base of Operations, Manassas, VA (KHEF.)
- Must meet all international travel requirements for the COVID-19 virus
Working conditions are for normal non-scheduled flight operations. The working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, air turbulence, time zone changes, altitude changes, changing locations, variable hours and working conditions, dry air, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise levels from engines and other ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
Please complete the pilot application and attach your cover letter and resume as instructed.
Thank you for your interest in Chantilly Air.
No phone calls please!