Pilatus PC-12NG Second In Command
Please Note: If you have applied with Chantilly Air Inc. prior to May 10th, 2022, that application is no longer on file. This is a new position and you must submit a new application along with your resume and cover letter.
The Second in Command is responsible for supporting the safe, legal, and professional flight operations of company aircraft.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
▪ Reports to the Chief Pilot.
▪ Is operationally responsible to the PIC on all flights.
▪ Performs all flight duties as assigned by the PIC.
▪ Maintains a current medical certificate as required by the company and notifies the Chief Pilot if
a medical (physical or mental) condition may impair their ability to perform the flight.
▪ Advises the Chief Pilot if they are not current for any assigned operations.
▪ Performs all duties associated with the aircraft operation in a 14 CFR Part 91 environment.
▪ Promotes a safe operating environment in accordance with FAA and Chantilly Air requirements
and proactively contributes to Chantilly Air Inc.’s Safety Management System.
▪ Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
▪ Maintains currency requirements in accordance with FAA Regulations.
▪ Maintains a 1st Class Medical in accordance with company policy.
▪ Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service.
▪ Works closely with and assists in all department duties as needed.
▪ Expected to work non-scheduled hours.
Bachelor Degree preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
▪ 1000 hours total time preferred.
▪ 500 hours total PIC fixed wing flight time is preferred.
▪ Jet or Turbine experience preferred.
▪ Airline Transport Pilot Certificate preferred.
▪ FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
▪ Current FAA First Class Medical required.
▪ Valid passport.
▪ No Accidents or Incidents.
▪ Legally authorized to work in the United States.
▪ Must be able to meet the following checks:
▪ Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
▪ PRIA background check (to include any incidents/accidents.)
▪ Credit check.
▪ DMV check with valid driver’s license.
▪ Employment verification.
▪ Must meet International Travel COVID-19 requirements
▪ Must be able to read, speak and write fluently in the English Language.
▪ Must live within 2 hours of the aircraft’s base of operations KHEF.
Working conditions are for normal non-scheduled flight operations. The working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, air turbulence, time zone changes, altitude changes, changing locations, variable hours and working conditions, dry air, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise levels from engines
and other ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
Please complete the pilot application and attach your cover letter and resume as instructed.
Thank you for your interest in Chantilly Air.