Challenger 300 Second In Command
Please Note: If you have applied with Chantilly Air Inc. prior to May 10th, 2022, that application is no longer on file. This is a new position and you must submit a new application along with your resume and cover letter.
Second in Command position for part 91 domestic and international operations. Two crewmember dedicated aircraft. Competitive Salary and Benefits, Based in the Washington D.C.
The Second in Command is responsible for supporting the safe, legal, and economical flight operation of company aircraft.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to the Chief Pilot.
- Is operationally responsible to the Pilot-in-Command on all flights.
- Performs all flight duties as assigned by the PIC.
- Promotes and fosters a safe operating environment in accordance with FAA and Chantilly Air requirements.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Is expected to present a professional image in all environments as a key representative of the company.
- Must maintain currency requirements with regard to a FAA First Class Medical physical examination.
- Provide a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Work closely with and assist in all department duties as needed.
Bachelor Degree preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 2000 hours total time preferred.
- 1500 hours total multi-engine fixed wing time preferred.
- 500 hours total PIC fixed wing flight time is preferred.
- 250 hours PIC Jet Turbine Time preferred.
- Business Jet experience preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate required.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
- Current FAA First Class Medical required.
- Valid passport.
- No Accidents or Incidents.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to meet the following checks:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- PRIA background check (to include any incidents/accidents.)
- Credit check.
- DMV check with valid driver’s license.
- Employment verification.
- Must be able to read, speak and write fluently in the English Language.
- Ability to relocate within 1 hour of Chantilly Air Inc. Base of Operations, Manassas, VA (KHEF.)
- Must meet all international travel requirements for the COVID-19 virus
Working conditions are normal for an on-demand flight operation. The working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, air turbulence, time zone changes, altitude changes, changing locations, variable hours and working conditions, dry air, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise levels from engines and other ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
Please complete the pilot application and attach your cover letter and resume as instructed.
Thank you for your interest in Chantilly Air.